Hallway Look-Alike Contest
Do you look just like your favorite character? Have a great costume, but not sure you want to enter it in the Masquerade? Then our look-alike contest is for you!
Bring a digital image of your character and have your photo taken at the convention in your costume on Friday or Saturday. The pictures will be displayed side-by-side all day Saturday, and Anime World attendees will vote for the cosplayer they think best resembles their character! The winner will be announced at the Masquerade on Saturday evening.
This contest is open to costumes from ANY media source — anime, manga, game, comic book, cartoon, movie, television, even webcomics. Costumes can be store-bought, found item, or handmade; there are no craftsmanship restrictions.
HALLWAY LOOK-ALIKE CONTEST RULES
- To enter, you must have a valid AWC 2012 badge.
- Participants must provide a digital reference image of their character in JPG, GIF or PNG format, delivered on USB media or optical disc (CD/DVD). Printed images will not be accepted (staff will not have access to a scanner).
- Costume photos must be taken at time of contest entry by AWC contest staff, OR by an approved third-party photographer (such as The Enthusiasts) at the convention. Photos of costumes from previous events or taken outside the convention will not be permitted.
- Attendees may enter multiple costumes, but each costume may be entered only once.
- Costumes entered in the hallway contest are not eligible for entry in the Craftsmanship division of the Masquerade. Attendees may enter both contests, but must use different costumes for each entry.
- Contest photos taken by AWC staff are the property of Anime World Expos, and may be used in promotional material for future events. Participation in the contest implies consent to use your image for promotional purposes.